|Title: FISHPROT - A Fish Proteomics Database for Biomarker Discovery and Evaluation
- Development of biomarkers for biomonitoring the tropical open water ecosystems.
- Bioprospecting novel proteins/bioactive substances with pharmacological and therapeutic
importance in aquatic organisms, especially fish , through proteomics.
- Assessing the (deleterious) effects of endocrine disrupting chemicals on aquatic organisms on
physiological, reproductive and immune functions of fishes native to Indian waters
- Identification of biomarker for acquired thermo tolerance
Long term benefits
- Generation of reference proteome maps for fish tissues
- Identification of pollution biomarkers suitable for biomonitoring the tropical rivers
- Identification of novel proteins / bioactive substances
- Strengthening proteomics technology in aquaculture & fisheries for harnessing the benefits of biotechnological application.
- Generating well trained human resources in Fish Proteomics.