Assessment of reproductive biology, spawning behavior of major riverine and estuarine fishes in Gangetic and peninsular river in relation to climatic variability.
- Collection of climatic data, processing and analysis for the Ganga an Cauvery.
- Assesment of change in habitat characteristics of relevance to indigenous an exotic fish Ganga and Cauvery Rivers.
- Studies on the reproductive biology of target fish species from Ganga and Cauvery rivers in relation to climatic variability.
- Impact of climate induced altered flow on fish breeding and reproductive biology in selected stretches of the river Mahanadi.
- Assessment of reproductive biology of economically important fishes in floodplain wetlands in relation to climatic variability.
Adaptation and mitigation strategies in inland fisheries to climate change.
- Assessment of carbon sequestration in wetlands.
- Assessing hematological and tissue parameters of selected fish species to water stress wetlands.
- Vulnerability of Inland Fisheries to climate variability.
- Assessment and documentation of ITKs and, ecosystem goods and services of wetlands.
- Assessment of extreme climatic events on Inland Fisheries.
- Data on habitat characteristics, distribution, maturity, spawning pattern of selected fish species in rivers and wetlands in relation to climatic variability will be useful for formulating management strategies.
- Data generation on maturity oand spawning pattern of fish under extreme climate condition will be useful for formulating adaptation strategies
- Comprehensive data on climate induced physiological alteration in fishes during water stress will be derived for selection of adaptive fish species.
- Adaptive fish species and rearing practivcs standardized for coping climate change.