Bengaluru 12th April, 2023
| Director, ICAR-CIFRI visited the Regional Centre, Bengaluru|
Dr. B. K. Das, Director, ICAR-CIFRI visited ICAR- CIFRI Regional Centre,
Bengaluru on 12th April 2023. Dr. Preetha Panikkar welcomed the Honorable Director to Regional Centre, ICAR-CIFRI, Bengaluru. The Director, ICAR-CIFRI has a meeting with the officials of Bengaluru centre. Following discussions were held in the meeting
At the end, Dr. Preetha Panikkar Head (In-Charge), thanked the Director for his valuable time, support, guidance, motivation and suggestions to further improve the activities at the Centre.
- The Director discussed on the current status of accountability and responsibilities of ICAR scientists. He also discussed about the upcoming clustering of undergraduate courses and the importance of eHRMS, e-Krishi portal and data repository.
- He encouraged the scientists to plan for the next financial year and to publish research articles in journals having impact factor of ≥5, popular article in regional languages and success stories.
- It was suggested to have inter-institutional collaborations and to organize open day/brainstorming/fish melas in collaboration with Regional Research Centre, ICAR-Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture, Bengaluru.
- He also stressed that all official financial matters are through TSA account, hence advance taken should be fully utilized
- Periodic research review meetings to be conducted at the centre and to assess the achievements and impacts of the centre in the region since its inception in 1962.
- TSP and SC-SP programmes to be planned and executed before the end of December.
- Innovative researchable ideas and administrative matters were discussed with respective staff of the centre during the meeting.